In the beginning, there is an egg. You, me, and a bajillion other fascinating creatures start with this. Wonderfully weird. These two are from neighborhood chickens and were refrigerated in a ruby-red bowl for more than a year because I loved their shape and color. Companion items—tiny pinecones, a red-plastic game chip, a peach-pink light bulb, coal-black styrofoam—were nestled in a bowl on my kitchen table. Tenderly balanced for their scanning session, and boldly transmuted in their close-ups, I now present an even dozen on the mysteries of origins and outcomes.
- The Birds Know Something I Don’t (Nine of In Threes)
- The Deeper You Go, the More You Find (Eight of In Threes)
- Will see You, in 2022
- Radiant Twigs v2 (histories of ages past)
- “Making the Everyday Otherworldly” (recollections from an exhibition)
- Calendar Girl 2020 (art for every month)
- Edges (on second thought)
- The Remarkable Lushness of Printed Ink on Paper (eight of the 9 x 24s)
- The Willing Suspension of Disbelief
- Mothian Blurs and the Ionic Trajectory
- Sneakers (and other shoes I miss)
- Follow CatRutgers4Art on WordPress.com
- Guest Spot! (11)
- Introductions & News (13)
- Revelations (73)
- Snapped (36)
- Uncategorized (18)
love this post, CAt… i know, i’ve said that before, but this array is exceptional mainly because of the theme but also because the arrangement in each photo is so darned thought-provoking while also being so darned lovely. Wildly good… am glad you will be further exploring this theme — this gallery show.
Hello, hello, dear Susan!! I am so happy to see your comment here. Yet another thing I have yet to figure out (and probably won’t) is which posts generate responses … the mystery on this one is that it feels really phenomenal to me, but you’re the only one who’s commented so far. In any case, the eggs and their friends are tremendously exciting for me and it’s absolutely heart-warming to read your message. Thank you, thank you!! Cat
CAT — that’s me above — Susan! Not sure why it’s suddenly not recording me.
Who knows? But thanks for the clarification!